Yes, you read it right! Your face is now your boarding pass with Digi Yatra. Pretty amazing right?
Also Read –
It was as smooth as it sounds, as I personally used this feature when I was travelling from Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport (Terminal 2).
Latest Update – Digi Yatra is now available for all domestic flights at Delhi, Bengaluru, Varanasi, Kolkata, Vijayawada & Pune
So here’s a brief overview of what Digi Yatra exactly does –
What Is Digi Yatra? How Can You Use It?
Digi Yatra uses a facial recognition system and lets you enter the airport without standing in long queues. Moreover, it is a smooth and hassle-free process which has eliminated the usage of paper completely.
Furthermore, even at the security check, people with Digi Yatra have a separate line which is almost empty. Some of the airports also have dedicated boarding queues. This can literally help you save most of your time at the airport.
Digi Yatra is introduced by the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MOCA) and Digi Yatra Foundation and is undoubtedly going to be the future of air travel.
Here are the steps for Digi Yatra Registration –
- Firstly, download the Digi Yatra app from Google Play Store & Apple Store
- Secondly, to register, input your mobile number linked with your Aadhaar and complete the process by entering the OTP received
- Connect your Digi Yatra to Digi Locker for E-Aadhar-based verification and create your identity credentials using either an offline Aadhaar XML or through Digi Locker
- Capture a clear selfie on the app, making sure your face is clearly visible, and use it to create your identity credentials
- Once you have completed your web check-in, add your boarding pass with a QR code or barcode for the app to detect your travel
- Lastly, Click on the ‘share’ button to share your ID and travel credentials with the origin airport before your travel
That’s all, just head over to the dedicated entry gates for Digi Yatra travellers at the airport and enjoy a seamless way of travel.
Without any doubt, we all can imagine the way future air travel is going to evolve and change. Digi Yatra is just the start of this digital solution to hassle-free travel.
Here is a video of my experience with Digi Yatra at Delhi Airport Terminal 2 –
FAQs About Digi Yatra
Where can you use Digi Yatra?
As of now, Digi Yatra is only available at the Delhi, Varanasi, and Bangalore airports. Following is the list of terminals where Digi Yatra is operational –
- Indira Gandhi International Airport Delhi – Terminal 2 & 3
- Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport Varanasi – Departure Terminal
- Kempegowda International Airport – Terminal 1 & 2
Is Digi Yatra available at all Airports in India?
No, it’s only available at Delhi, Varanasi, and Bangalore Airport. The initiative’s second phase will see it being launched at Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune, and Vijayawada airports before being gradually rolled out at other airports across the country.
What are the benefits of Digi Yatra?
- Enhanced security
- Hassle-free paperless travel
- Dedicated entry points at the airport entry gate, security line, and the boarding gate
- Faster movements inside the airport
Is Digi Yatra available to foreigners?
No, currently, Digi Yatra is available only for Indian Citizens with Aadhar Identity Documents. However, it will be rolled out for verifications via e-passports and passport details as well.
How can you download the Digi Yatra App?
Is Digi Yatra available on International flights?
As of now, Digi Yatra is only available on Domestic routes.