The trend of renting a self drive car rentals Mumbai has been on the rise due to its convenience for both short and long trips. As someone who has rented self-drive cars multiple times, I have learned a few important things to keep in mind before renting a car.
How To Book Self-Drive Car Rentals In Mumbai?
Although various websites offer online booking of self-drive cars in Mumbai, I personally recommend booking through Revv and MyChoize. Both rental companies offer a wide range of vehicles with automatic and manual transmissions as well.
As per my experience, MyChoize offers a better range of vehicles with more amenities and better service. Here is the list of cars offered by MyChoize Mumbai, along with their transmission details –
|MyChoize Self Drive Cars||Transmission|
|MARUTI SWIFT||Manual and Automatic|
|TOYOTA GLANZA||Manual and Automatic|
|HYUNDAI ELITE I20||Manual|
|MAHINDRA XUV 300||Manual|
|MARUTI CIAZ ALPHA||Manual and Automatic|
|MARUTI Vitara Brezza||Manual and Automatic|
|MAHINDRA XUV 300||Automatic|
|TOYOTA URBAN CRUISER||Automatic|
|HYUNDAI CRETA||Manual and Automatic|
|NISSAN KICKS XV||Manual|
|JEEP COMPASS SPORT||Manual|
|MAHINDRA XUV 500||Manual and Automatic|
|MAHINDRA XUV 500 W10||Automatic|
|TATA HARRIER XZ||Manual|
|TOYOTA INNOVA CRYSTA||Manual and Automatic|
MyChoize offers the following packages with regards to the kilometres –
- 120 Kms/per day
- 300 Kms/per day
- Unlimited Kms
Here is the list of vehicles offered by Revv –
|Revv Self Drive Cars||Transmission|
|Maruti Baleno (P)||Manual and Automatic|
|Hyundai Elite i20 (P)||Manual|
|Maruti Alto K10||Manual|
|Hyundai Grand i10||Manual|
|Toyota Innova Crysta||Manual|
|Maruti Swift Dzire||Manual and Automatic|
|Mahindra XUV300 (P)||Manual|
|Hyundai Elite i20||Manual|
|Hyundai Santro||Manual and Automatic|
|Maruti Brezza||Manual and Automatic|
|Hyundai Verna MT||Manual|
|Maruti Ciaz||Manual and Automatic|
|Hyundai Creta||Manual and Automatic|
|Hyundai Venue||Manual and Automatic|
Revv offers the following packages –
- 168 Kms/day
- 240 Kms/day
- 360 Kms/day
Things To Keep In Mind While Picking Up Your Self Drive Car
- It is essential to record a thorough video of the vehicle when picking it up from the rental company. This includes capturing detailed images and videos of any scratches, dents, damages, and broken parts. The video should cover the car from all angles, including the sides, top, bumper, and any small corners.
Having this video evidence can be helpful in the event that the rental company raises any issues regarding additional damages when you return the car. By documenting the condition of the vehicle at the time of pickup, you can protect yourself from any unexpected charges.
- Properly check the validity of all the car documents. Ensure you have all the necessary documents, such as the RC Book, PUC Certificate, Insurance, Tourist Tax Certificates, etc.
- Before beginning your journey, it is important to take a photograph of the fuel level and inspect the tires for any punctures. This can help ensure that you have a smooth and problem-free trip.
To receive a refund for any excess fuel in the car at the end of your trip, it is important to take photos of the fuel level both before and after your journey. Both Revv and MyChoize rental companies offer this service, so be sure to document the fuel levels to take advantage of this benefit.
- Check the headlights, fog lights, brake lights, blinkers, and indoor lights as well.
- Head to the Maharashtra State E-Challan Payment website to check whether the car has any unpaid e-challans. Ask the rental company to clear the dues as soon as possible to avoid any hassles during your travel.
My Opinion On Self Drive Car Rentals Mumbai – MyChoize or Revv?
There are a few arguments on the basis of which I have concluded my opinion.
- MyChoize offers higher quality vehicles that come equipped with premium amenities and features compared to those offered by Revv.
- Both companies offer 24-hour customer support and emergency roadside assistance (RSA). However, in my opinion, Revv has more prompt and efficient customer support.
- MyChoize has more discount options when compared to Revv, so you can definitely get lower prices on MyChoize.
- You may not have to pay a security deposit if you use Revv cars frequently. However, MyChoize requires a security deposit of 3000 INR in addition to taxes and other costs.
- Revv charges INR 400 for doorstep delivery and pickup of your vehicle, while MyChoize charges INR 600 for this service.
- MyChoize Mumbai has its own service centre in Marol, Mumbai. Therefore, after the car has completed its journey, it is directly sent to the workshop for washing, repair, maintenance, cleaning, etc.
On the other hand, I consider Revv doesn’t have this sort of service. With some basic cleaning and maintenance, a car could be reallocated to a new customer.
- Revv has a more interactive, informative, and easy-to-use Android/ios application with a lot of features. However, MyChoize lacks features such as live order tracking and an option to see all the pictures clicked during pickup and drop of the vehicle.
So yes, that’s a brief comparison of MyChoize & Revv self-drive cars and their services. Just make sure to keep the important things in mind and choose the best rental company for your next adventure.
Also Read –