The Statue of Unity, known to be the tallest statue in the whole world, is just as majestic as it is said to be. Located in Kevadia – Ekta Nagar, this Statue of Unity is definitely a must-visit to admire the beauty and history of this place.
Here are 11 things you should remember to plan a perfect trip to the Statue of Unity.
- Convenient & Super Fast Railway Connections
- Free AC Bus Services Are Available For Smooth Transfers
- Fixed Rate E-Autos Driven By Women Are Available On Call
- All Types Of Budget & Luxury Hotels Are Available For Everyone’s Choice
- Book Your Tickets In Advance And Avoid Purchasing Offline Tickets
- Book For The 16:00 – 18:00 Slot For Statue Of Unity – Viewing Gallery
- Do Not Miss The Projection Mapping (Light & Sound Show) At All
- Do Participate In The Narmada Maha Aarti
- There are 18 Other Attractions In Ekta Nagar Other Than the Statue Of Unity
- A 2-Day Trip Is A Perfect Plan To See the Statue Of Unity – The World’s Largest Statue
- You Can Opt For An Express Ticket To Avoid Any Queues
#1 Convenient & Super Fast Railway Connections
Indian Railways has done an excellent job in starting superfast trains from metro cities like Mumbai, Chennai, and Delhi.
- 12927 & 12928, a daily train runs between Dadar, Mumbai and Ekta Nagar
- 20945 & 20946, a bi-weekly train runs between Ekta Nagar and Hazrat Nizamuddin
- 20919 & 20920, a weekly train runs between Ekta Nagar and Chennai
These trains usually run at 95% to 100% capacity; therefore, we would suggest booking your tickets well in advance.
Ekta Nagar railway station is a newly built railway station with modern architecture and necessary facilities. The railway station is equipped with one food stall, two outdoor dine-in restaurants, one retiring room, washrooms, drinking water taps and AC waiting rooms as well.
The Statue of Unity is only 6 – 7 KMs from Ekta Nagar Railway Station.
#2 Free AC Bus Services Are Available For Smooth Transfers
The Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Rashtriya Ekta Trust (SVPRET) has arranged free AC busses to and from Ekta Nagar railway station, Ekta Bhawan and the parking area to the Statue of Unity campus area. Your purchased ticket already includes the fare for bus services; thus, you do not need to pay anything to use the Statue Of Unity bus services.
However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind concerning the Statue of Unity bus timings.
- Frequent bus services are available from Ekta Bhawan to the Statue of unity.
- Statue of Unity bus services from Ekta Nagar railway station are available only when a train arrives. You may not find any buses apart from the train arrival timings.
- You can easily find multiple buses from the Statue of Unity to the parking area, Ekta Bhawan, and Ekta Nagar Railway Station.
Please Note – The parking facility is a little bit far from the Statue of Unity campus. Since Kevadia plans to become an only Electric zone, private vehicles may not be allowed near the Statue of Unity campus. You can easily find AC buses and E-Autos from the parking to the Statue of Unity campus.
#3 Fixed Rate E-Autos Driven By Women Are Available On Call
Fixed-rate E-Autos driven by women are available on call and provide a reliable and efficient way to travel to the world’s tallest statue. Not only will you be supporting women in the transportation industry, but you’ll also be doing your part to reduce carbon emissions. This is an excellent initiative by the team of Statue of Unity to support tribal women and encourage employment.
You can find the E Rickshaw Fare list for the Statue of Unity campus here.
#4 All Types Of Budget & Luxury Hotels Are Available For Everyone’s Choice
You can easily find both budget and luxury stay hotels & resorts during your visit to the Statue of Unity. Here is the list of hotels and resorts around the Statue of Unity campus –
- Statue Of Unity Tent City 1 – Starts at INR 11,000 / Night
- Tent City Narmada 2 – Starts at INR 6,000 / Night
- Nirvana Resort – Starts at INR 6,000 / Night
- SOU Eco Camp – Starts at INR 5,000 / Night
- Unity Village Resort – Starts at INR 5,000 / Night
- Unity Holiday Resort – Starts at INR 5,000 / Night
- Ramada Encore by Wyndham (Shrestha Bharat Bhavan) – Starts at INR 7,000 / Night
- The Fern Sardar Sarovar Resort – Starts at INR 7,000 / Night
- Hotel Sai Inn – Starts at INR 4,000 / Night
#5 Book Your Tickets In Advance And Avoid Purchasing Offline Tickets
If you really want to make the most of your trip to the Statue of Unity, then I would suggest not wasting your time standing in long queues to purchase tickets from the offline counters. Instead, you can easily book your tickets online in advance! By doing so, you can avoid the hassle of waiting in lines and spend time admiring the statue’s beauty and surroundings.
The ticket prices for the Statue of Unity are as follows –
- Normal Ticket – 380 INR
- Express Ticket – 1030 INR
You can book the Statue of Unity tickets from their official website – Statue of Unity Tickets
#6 Book For The 16:00 – 18:00 Slot For Statue Of Unity – Viewing Gallery
If you’re planning a trip to the Statue of Unity, then make sure to book your slot for the Viewing Gallery between 16:00 – 18:00 to witness the stunning sunset views from the top. This experience is highly recommended as it offers breathtaking panoramic views of the Sardar Sarovar Dam and its surroundings. Moreover, you can also enjoy the light and sound show that starts sharp at 7:15 PM immediately after sunset. This way, you can utilise your time most conveniently.
Please Note – The Statue of Unity is closed for visitors and tourists on Mondays for regular maintenance.
#7 Do Not Miss The Projection Mapping (Light & Sound Show) At All
The Projection Mapping (Light & Sound Show) starts daily sharp at 7:15 PM and is projected beautifully on the Statue of Unity. I highly suggest not missing this show at all.
It’s an incredible experience narrating the inspiring life of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and the making of the Statue of Unity. So, make sure to take your seats in front of the food court well in advance to enjoy The Projection Mapping (Light & Sound Show) with the best views. I would suggest watching The Projection Mapping (Light & Sound Show) from SoU Campus and not from the Helipad side.
#8 Do Participate In The Narmada Maha Aarti
Do experience the divine aura of the Narmada River as you participate in the Narmada Maha Aarti, held every day at 8:00 PM at the Narmada Ghat near the Statue of Unity. The tranquil and holy atmosphere of the location enhances the piety of the occasion and fills your soul with an unparalleled sense of serenity.
As the evening settles in and the sun sets on the horizon, the melodious chants and soothing music of the aarti begin to fill the air. The flickering lamps and the fragrance of flowers create an ambience of tranquillity and devotion, which uplifts your spirit and invokes a feeling of oneness with the divine.
#9 There are 18 Other Attractions In Ekta Nagar Other Than the Statue Of Unity
Ekta Nagar – Kevadia is also a place for 18 other attractions other than the Statue of Unity. You can explore these attractions and places once you are done visiting the Statue of Unity. Here is the list of various other attractions around the Statue of Unity –
- Ekta Cruise Journey
- Narmada Ghat Aarti
- Cactus Garden
- Jungle Safari
- Pet Zone
- Children Nutrition Park
- Ekta Nursery
- Arogya Van
- Valley of Flowers
- Vishwa Van
- Ekta Shopping Mall
- Butterfly Garden
- Dino Trail
- Unity Glow Garden
- Sardar Sarovar Dam
- Khalwani Eco-Tourism
- Electric Riverfront Cycling & Couple Riverfront Cycling
- Dam light and sound show
#10 A 2-Day Trip Is A Perfect Plan To See the Statue Of Unity – The World’s Largest Statue
You can easily cover all the attractions around the Statue of Unity and the Statue Viewing Gallery in 2 days.
Here is a short 2-day trip itinerary for visiting the Statue of Unity –
|Arogya van||10 AM – 11:30 AM|
|Cactus & Butterfly Garden||11:30 AM – 1:00 PM|
|Lunch||1 PM – 2 PM|
|Ekta Nursery||2 PM – 3 PM|
|Rest||3 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Statue of Unity Campus & Viewing Gallery||4:30 PM – 6 PM|
|Vishwa Van||6 PM – 6:30 PM|
|Projection Mapping||7:15 PM – 7:45 PM|
|Dam Lighting & Kevadia Night Lighting||8 PM – 8:30 PM|
|Ekta Cruise Dinner||8:30 PM – 10:30 PM|
|Night Stay At Hotel or Resort|
|River Rafting at Khalwani||10 AM – 11:30 AM|
|Jungle Safari||11:30 AM – 12:30 PM|
|Valley of Flowers||12:30 PM – 1:30 PM|
|Lunch & Rest||1:30 PM – 3 PM|
|Zarwani Eco – Tourism||3 PM – 4 PM|
|River Front Cycling||4 PM – 6 PM|
|Children Nutrition Park||6 PM – 6:30 PM|
|Ekta Mall||6:30 PM – 7:30 PM|
|Narmada Maha Aarti||8 PM Onwards|
|Departure from Ekta Nagar – Kevadia|
Please Note – Do carry a pair of sunglasses and caps to protect yourselves from the sun.
#11 You Can Opt For An Express Ticket To Avoid Any Queues
Last but not least, during peak hours, you can expect huge lines for frisking and for the elevators to go to the SOU Viewing Gallery. In case you want to skip these lines, you can then opt for an express ticket. During peak hours, the express ticket will help you directly skip these lines and save a lot of time.
Also Read –